Safety, Equity & Inclusion Policy
Wild Card Brewing Company is committed to doing our part to foster progress in the beer/brewing and alcohol industry as a whole by creating a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Making the most of the ideas, talents, skills, backgrounds and perspectives of all those around us helps us to do more and be more. As such, we consciously work to create a company culture and society that respects and values the diversity of the people and world around us.
We embrace and encourage our customers and employees’ differences in age, colour, disability, ethnicity, family status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, Indigenous status, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
To achieve this commitment, Wild Card Brewing Company will:
• Incorporate diversity and inclusion considerations into practices and policies relating to recruitment and selection, compensation and benefits, professional development and succession planning
• Implement diversity, equity and inclusion awareness training program to facilitate positive group interaction and cohesiveness, equitable and inclusive evaluation, and diversity management
• Develop flexible scheduling programs for work arrangements and leave options that accommodate the diverse needs of our employees at different career and life stages, including those with family and caring responsibilities
• Implement policies that address impediments to diversity in the workplace and that promote employment decisions that are transparent, merit-based, unbiased, equitable and fair
• Continue to identify new ways to entrench diversity, equity and inclusion as a core value, including supporting and empowering employees to bring their individual experiences to work, experience psychological safety and well-being
• Continuously improve on the performance and effectiveness of our activities related to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace
Any employee found to have exhibited any inappropriate conduct or behavior against others will be subject to disciplinary action
Employees who believe they have been subjected to any kind of discrimination or mistreatment that conflicts with this policy should seek assistance from a supervisor, owner or an HR representative.
We hold our customers to the same high standards as our employees. Any mistreatment or discrimination of staff or other customers will not be tolerated. We seek to create a space and local beer community that can serve as an enjoyable, safe venue for all.